|Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs in Richmond, VA
Wang, Xiaoyan , L. Ac., MD (China)
Phone: (804) 301-1784
Email: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org
|Facts about infertility:
Infertility affects about 6.1 million women and their partners in the United States – about 10 percent of the reproductive-age population
Most infertility cases – 85 percent to 90 percent – can be treated with conventional medical therapies such as medication or surgery.
Infertility affects both men and women in equal proportions. For 20 percent of couples, the cause of infertility is unexplained.
The most common male infertility factors include azoospermia, where no sperm cells are produced, and oligospermia, where few sperm cells are produced.
Ovulation disorder is the most common reason for female infertility. Other causes of infertility in women include blocked fallopian tubes, which can occur when a woman has had a pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis, a condition that causes adhesions or cysts.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a technique where eggs are surgically removed from the ovary and mixed with sperm outside the body. The fertilized embryo is then implanted into the woman’s uterus.
IVF accounts for less than 5 percent of all infertility treatments in the United States.
For women younger than 37 years old, one cycle of IVF results in a pregnancy about 40 percent of the time.
One cycle of IVF costs about $11,000.
Source: American Society for Reproductive Medicine and the Center for Applied Reproductive Science.
Traditional Chinese medicine technique may help you get pregnant
1. Reduce stress hormones that interfere with ovulation
2. Normalize hormones that regulate ovulation so an egg is released
3. Increase blood flow to the uterus, improving the chances of a fertilized egg implanting
4. Improve ovulation cycles in women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), which makes getting pregnant difficult
5. Improve sperm count, motility and morphology as well as other sexual health problems such as impotence.
6. Improve pregnancy rates in women undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF). Acupuncture can increase IVF success by 65%. The remarkable success rate occurred across seven acupuncture trials involving 1,366 women. Results are published in the February 2008 issue of the British Medical Journal.
Acupuncture is best for those people who have already undergone various treatments without any effective results. It is appropriate for those who do not want to undergo any costly fertility treatments.
Phone: (804) 301-1784